This guide of Marrakech in 3 days It is designed so you don't miss anything important about the most touristic city in Morocco, making the most of your time and enjoying all the experiences it offers.
During the first two days you will have known the most interesting places in the city such as the Jamaa el Fna Square, the Souk, the Ben Youssef Medersa, the Saadian Tombs, the Mellah neighborhood or the Majorelle Gardens, among many others. On this third day, we suggest you visit some of the wonders of Morocco, which are not far from the city, such as the beautiful city of Essaouira, the Cascades of Ouzoud, the deserts of Merzouga and Zagora or the Kasbahs of Ouarzazate.
This practical guide to enjoy Marrakech in 3 days or 4 days is designed based on the experience of our trip to Marrakech and Essaouira in 5 days and the trip on the Kasbah Route in 4 days. We start!
Useful tips for Marrakech
- Our recommended accommodation for Marrakech in three days It is the Riad Assalam, located near the Jamaa el Fna Square and with a great quality / price ratio.
- To get to your Marrakech hotel from Menara airport, you have several means of transport: bus, taxi or book the transfer directly to the hotel.
If you want more information about the transfer you can check this post on how to go from the Marrakech airport to the center.
- To change money we recommend ATMs although it is important to know the commission and the exchange rate that your bank applies when taking money from a cashier. We use the N26 card that allows you to get the money with the current exchange and without commissions.
- Book this Free tour of Marrakech Free! With a guide in Spanish to learn about the interesting history of the city and not miss anything about the Medina.
- It is highly recommended to have a good travel insurance. We travel insured with Mondo, with whom we carry insurance adapted to the conditions of each trip.
- If you want to have internet in Morocco, in addition to being able to buy a SIM card at the airport, you can buy a Holafly SIM card being in Spain, with which you will have internet from the moment you land, saving you all the time of the negotiations and making the whole process to have internet in Morocco much more comfortable, fast and easy.
In this case, with the Holafly SIM you will have several Gb to surf the Internet (depending on the option you choose), they will send it to you for free at home, you will keep your WhatsApp number and you will have assistance service in Spanish. You can buy your Holafly prepaid SIM card here with a 5% discount for being our readerMore information on the Holafly post, the best prepaid SIM card for travel
If you want more recommendations you can consult this post about tips for traveling to Marrakech essential.
First day in Marrakech
The Marrakech route in 3 days It starts crossing the Bab Agnaou Gate early in the morning, the most beautiful access to the great wall that surrounds the Medina. A short walk from this door are the Saadis Tombs, one of the most visited places in Marrakech, which we recommend you not to miss and that we are sure, will surprise you.
After the visit you can walk through the narrow alleys of this area towards the Bahia Palace, stopping before at the beautiful place des Ferblantiers.
It is advisable to know the history of this palace as that of the most important places in the city to have the help of a guide in Spanish for what a good option is to book this free tour of Marrakech Free! or a private tour in which you choose the itinerary, both with a guide in Spanish.
The route of Marrakech in three days Continue with the visit to the Dar Si Said Museum, with some interior courtyards and a magnificent decoration, which has become another of the places you can not miss in the city.
When leaving the museum and before going to eat, you will arrive at Jamaa el Fna Square, one of the essential places to visit in Marrakech, where you will see a great activity at any time of the day.
Merzouga desert in Marrakech in 4 days or 5 days